About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, June 05, 2014

More good news. Mostly.

My ovaries are healthy and fading into little nubbins, just as Heaven designed.

I will be getting a biopsy in a few weeks. My doctor and the anesthesiologist are covered 100%. The copay is more than I'd set aside for all of my medical expense reimbursements this year. I am so glad that I paid off my line of credit last year.

I have cancelled banjo camp for August and requested a refund of my deposit. I am also going to put the banjo lessons on hold for awhile, until my cash flow recovers.

If we are lucky, the biopsy will be followed by three months of progesterone and a humbled endometrium. I think this is the most likely scenario. If we are less lucky, my uterus will be making like Elvis and leaving the building.

I should know in a little less than a month and a half. I'm hoping that if I do need further surgery, it will be safe to schedule it after the Nauvoo trip.

In other news, I blocked the second swatch before breakfast yesterday. It is minuscule. I have cast on (and frogged) a third swatch with three different cable patterns and will be using a 6-0 needle to help with the cables.

I like the gynecologist. She is warm, witty, and I trust her.

I think I know what I want to do about the dining room closet. I got the idea on the drive into work this morning, to paint the interior a slightly darker value of yellow than the walls. And I will be making a dash to IKEA to see if the teal or turquoise bookshelf is a good match for the ceiling and the curtains. If it works, that would really pop! Two bookcases, something narrow between them, and my mother's mirror hung above that.

No comments: