About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, June 21, 2014

It was another good day.

Lots of small tasks accomplished. Minimal running about like the proverbial chicken. New glass in the print of a smiling Savior, which I inherited from Beloved. (I think it's a Del Parson.) New frame on the print of the public library in Fredericksburg, which is housed in an old stone mansion. Gold leaf on glass picture of the Salt Lake Temple that I made in Relief Society the year that Secondborn joined us, put back in its frame and reinforced so maybe it won't pop back out again.

Antique gold paint bought to spiff up the frame of a painting of trees, on wood, that I've had since shortly after the divorce. I might get to that sometime today. I want to sew the current quilt block and schlep all the sewing stuff back into my studio.

Wes and Sarah came over after their date on Friday night. He put my new box cutter back together after I took it apart rather more than intended. And he came up with a great idea for the placement of the vinyl plank flooring. We discovered that under the carpet is some really ugly linoleum.

I am going to lay down a grid with a Sharpie on said ugly linoleum so that I may place the planks on the diagonal, which neatly solves the problem of wanting them to run one way in the dining room and another way in the living room. There will be more wastage. I can buy more planks, and if knitting has taught me nothing else, it's how to manage different dye lots should that be an issue.

The second sleeve of the doll sweater is nearly done. I will probably finish that today and cast on for the back. I'll do that in two pieces and close it with ribbon reinforcements and snaps, as I did for Faith's tunic.

There is a small but still reasonable chance that the sweater will be done and delivered in time for Middlest's birthday.

No comments: