About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Still painting, after all these years.

The inside of the closet is done. I put a second coat on the trim this morning. Second day of waking an hour or so before the alarm. Am hoping for lots of lovely, unbroken sleep tonight. I'm about to put a third coat on the trim, with possibly a fourth coat tomorrow morning before work.

At work today we had a party for people like me: milestone anniversaries. One year, five years, ten years, fifteen years (me), and twenty years. Not only do I have that lovely, ridiculously expensive bag, but there were also festivities. Little bundt cupcakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. And fruit trays, huzzah! And tiny sandwiches. It was a nice break from work.

I filed vacation letters all day. And fought sleep.

Did I mention that I officially lost Mellow last week? I told SemperFi not to get spoiled while we wait for me to get assigned half of somebody else's docket. It's wonderful to dash through my inbox and the day's mail, but once I'm done with the vacation letters I might be out of things to do until it's time to open a new case.

Stopped at Crate & Barrel after work. The chairs were pretty, but not as substantial as a true Windsor. And not quite the right shade of teal. Oh well. It was worth a look.

Heading out to the dining room. Starting now.

No comments: