About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, July 10, 2017

Do you see what I see?

When I took this last Thursday night, I was worn to a frazzle and headed to knit night to maybe, possibly recharge a little.

Clouds were gathering for a storm, but every so often there was a brilliant bit of white peeking out from behind the darker layers. This is what I tried to capture as I was sitting at stoplights.

This one popped up behind the neighborhood ER at Skillman and Mockingbird.

This was at the same intersection, a little to the left (that building in the lower right corner is the western edge of the building in the picture above).

Various phrases popped into my head. "And I, God, said: Let there be light; and there was light." "There is hope smiling brightly before us, and we know that deliverance is night." For me, that brilliant white light shining off the clouds was a reminder of hope. And that if I just hung on awhile longer, the incredible pressure we'd all been under at work would ease up, and I would feel competent again instead of massively overwhelmed. And that God was mindful of me.

Because for the greater part of that day, I had two songs looping in my head:



And this:


Knitting helped. It almost always does. And when I got to work on Friday, the office manager said that if any of us wanted to work some OT to catch up, it had been approved. I left my desk on Saturday afternoon feeling back in control of that particular batch of spinning plates.

After the trial of your faith (and your patience) come the blessings.

No comments: