About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Whew!

For a day in which my primary goal was to stay in my pajamas as long as humanly possible, we sure got a lot done. Fourthborn and I made two back-to-back grocery runs. The first was to Costco, and we dashed into the vintage costume shop for five to ten minutes on the way home, because we had salmon burgers and three tubs of fresh fruit that we didn't want to go bad.

Once we unloaded the Tardis, we hopped back in and ran to Kroger for the rest of the essentials. Fourthborn and I are what I call kamikaze shoppers. We know what we want. We know where it is. And we can do a good-sized Kroger run in about 20 minutes if enough of the checkstands are manned.

I've done a lot of knitting today. Nearly done with the second large section of the doll vest. It's going a lot faster than the first section, because now I know what it's supposed to look like. And I'm better at not getting lost in the directions.

I've also filled and run the dishwasher (once) and washed four loads of laundry. The last load will have to wait until Monday, but we all have clean underwear, so I'm calling it a win. I'm not in the mood to empty and reload the dishwasher. Instead, I'm going to fold the stuff I just took out of the dryer, maybe knit another row or two, and call it a day.

No comments: