About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Procrastiknitting.

Because I don't want to sew on a flobbity-jillion half a dozen or so 4-0 snaps onto the back of Avery's sweater. I'm nearly done with the second green baby sock, and I've been fantasizing about designing socks for Justice and wondering what sort of sweater would be both practical and feminine for a crossbow-wielding woman.

Work has been almost unadulterated joy this week. I'm on top of the incoming mail, the outgoing mail, my ToDo's, and my attorneys' calendars. This is what work is supposed to feel like. One of the secretaries is being promoted to paralegal (which is what she did at her prior job, but there were no paralegal slots when she was hired here). This leaves us with two secretarial openings, and we have two strong candidates to fill those slots. I'm hoping that the office manager is able to hire one in particular of the four candidates for receptionist that she interviewed a couple of weeks ago. Basically, I just want to wave my nonexistent magic wand and fill all of the slots with people we like as well as the folks who already work here, so all of us can have the kind of days I've been enjoying this week.

Of course, I wouldn't enjoy this week nearly as much if I hadn't had the past two weeks for comparison.

Right. Snaps. I'm on it.

1 comment:

Tan said...

I cheat and use velcro on doll clothed.