About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, July 03, 2017

So we met the fiance.

And while we were all on our best behavior, initial impressions (at least on our end) were cautiously favorable. I think I unnerved him more than a little when he said, politely, "I've heard a lot about you," and I doubled over in peals of laughter. Middlest had to explain that every one of us worked really hard to establish a healthy relationship (parent to adult child) as each of the kids grew up.

They're coming back for dinner tomorrow night. And he said, after the fireworks display was over (I'm not being metaphorical here), "Oh wow. We have to get the moms together. That's scary."

Pretty sure I'm going to like her.

And it's past my bedtime, so I'm posting this and going to bed. Because my words are coming out all sideways.

No comments: