About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, December 05, 2017

And ... it's Tuesday?

On my way home last night, I stopped at the fabric store and picked up some sports-themed fleece to make a blanket as my "big" gift for the coworker whose Secret Santa I am. I looked all over the internet at the official websites and was less than thrilled with the variety and prices of items that were available. So I did what I (usually) do best: I made something. I hope she has as much fun with the finished item as I did while creating it.

I remembered on the drive home tonight that I hadn't done my usual end of month balance sheet entries, but that's done now. I'm trying to figure out what I want to do next, but I think the best thing would be to grab my Bible and read today's section of Luke, then bang out notes to the sisters I visit teach so I can get the envelopes in tomorrow's mail while the handouts would still be useful. We are having our ward Christmas party on Saturday.

I'm missing Knit Night tonight, but I'm not missing the traffic around the two malls we'd pass between Fourthborn's and the Panera where we meet. I'm also missing a nice balanced meal at Panera, and my kid, not necessarily in that order.

Knitting is semi-stalled at the moment. I'm strangely fine with that. Or maybe just finely strange.

Am waiting to hear back from an online vendor who shall currently remain nameless. I wore my new item of clothing to work yesterday, and the abrasion of my shoulder belt while driving to work roughed up the fabric slightly and rubbed off some of the print. I had faint little diagonal racing stripes from my left shoulder over my right boob heading down to my waist. I sent them two pictures. There were more little lines after the drive home. We are not amused.

I figure that I'll give them a week or so to get back to me, as busy as they're likely to be during the holidays, and if I don't hear back I'll post a query on their Facebook page.

I need to go do something useful, even if it's just folding laundry. Later, gators.

No comments: