About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Further adventures, different antibiotic

The kidney has calmed down significantly. And I have cellulitis in both ankles. I called my doctor yesterday morning and was able to get in in the afternoon. I am now taking a variation of a medication that gave me hives after Firstborn was born, but with no hives this time, only gradually receding Technicolor. I'm supposed to keep my legs up as much as possible, so I stayed home again today. I have no idea what I'm going to do tomorrow.

This antibiotic is mercifully smaller than the Augmentin, but it needs to be taken every six hours, one hour before eating or two to three hours after eating. This is significantly interfering with my normal graze-all-day habit.

On the plus side, I've caught up the laundry over the past two days, and all four loads are folded and put away. I've properly decommissioned three garments. I've had a couple of brief naps and read today's section for our bishop's "4 Gospels in 40 Days" challenge and a couple of chapters in the Book of Mormon and a chapter in a book about (extra)ordinary women in Church history that my friend Cynthia re-homed to me.

I made better time than expected in driving to Arlington yesterday, so I went to both Half Price Books before my appointment and picked up three books for the Bitties as well as put a hold on a fourth at a store that was barely off the drive home. When I got home, I ordered two more books from Amazon and a Piano Guys CD for me. One package will arrive at the office tomorrow, and the other will be there on Thursday.

I'm feeling significantly better than I did when the adventure began on Friday afternoon. Signing off now in order to put my feet back up.

No comments: