About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, December 02, 2017

Stuff got done. Sortof.

Woke up a few minutes before I needed to be at church to help clean the chapel. Threw on clothes, ate a few bites of cottage cheese, grabbed a quarter of a muffin, and went.

Came home, added the border strips to finish the quilt blocks, and created a new budget-ish spreadsheet, since my other one is locked up on the big computer.

I'm getting used to typing on this laptop. It helps that there is a full-size keyboard and not one of those bitty keyboard-esque nightmares. Middlest has rigged up a mouse and my backup drive, so I can access most of my documents if not all. The laptop has Open Office rather than Microsoft, and everything I'm copying from the backup drive is now a pseudo-document saved on my desktop until 2BDH and I can get the big computer talking to the monitors again. I need to remember to ask him for help, but I keep getting distracted.

We met the other kids at the quilt shop this afternoon, picked up our new blocks, hugged all around, and came home. I took a long nap, waking just before I should take my evening meds, which was an hour and a half ago. Have I taken them? Nope. But I've eaten a PBJ because I couldn't figure out where Middlest had put the skillet during the prednisone-fueled kitchen purge. And I've played too many computer games.

I'm going to read my scriptures and go back to bed. I didn't get much accomplished today, but at least I wasn't sick, so I'm going to be grateful for that and call it a day.

No comments: