About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Yesterday was brutal, and weird from caffeine. Today was lots better.

After The Forgotten Carols on Monday night, I got home late and couldn't settle down. My legs were restless, on the cusp of breaking into hives. I have no idea why. And my appetite kept spiking. I went to bed at 11:30 and woke twice before 2:00. So I managed to get something like three hours of sleep. I had to resort to spiking my orange juice with Coke in order to stay awake until lunchtime.

Thankfully, I made it home safely and was able to get Fourthborn home to her place and me back here again in safety. I was in bed at 10:30 and slept soundly through the night.

The music on the classical station was delightful today, what I heard of it. Shortly after I awoke there was an arrangement of "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" in the style of Bach or Handel. Not ruffly enough to be Vivaldi. And on the drive home tonight there was a version of "The Twelve Days of Christmas" recorded by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir when Gerald Ottley was the director, with each verse in a different style, from Wagner to Tchaikovsky to Handel. It was hilarious. Here. Don't just take my word for it.



Wasn't that a great twelve minutes of your time?

No comments: