About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Another adventure, now with antibiotics!

So, ever since the food poisoning three weeks ago, I've been seeing what I couldn't decide was spotting from time to time. Just the faintest hint of pink, enough to notice and ponder but not enough to make me run screaming to my doctor.

Earlier this week, I began to have the gentlest of aches in my lower right back, roughly the place which inspired physical therapy from late April through early June. I would stretch carefully. It would ease. I would forget about it.

Yesterday started out weird and got weirder. I mislaid the key to my desk at work. Lifted every small stack on my desk, searched around under and through the unlocked drawers, checked my purse and my trash can and the recycling box. No key. Went to the IT person who has custody of the spare keys, found the other copy, and unlocked my desk.

Sometime later, nature called, and I grabbed for my phone and could not find it. Went to the loo, looked where I lean it when I'm washing my hands, no phone. Went back to my desk, emptied my purse, checked all the places I had checked when looking for my key. No phone. Went downstairs to the management office, asked if anyone had turned in my phone. No phone. Went back to my desk and sat down, then remembered where I'd sat while digging through the backup desk keys. Ta-daaa!

Went downstairs to the management office, but the manager was not at her desk. Went back to mine, googled the phone number, and called them. She was back at her desk. Told her I'd found my phone, and where. We both chuckled in relief.

Went back to work. Moved something that I'd already moved five or six times, and there was my original key. Went to give the backup key to our IT person, and she was gone for the day (to go play with her grandchildren). Went back to my desk, put the backup key in a drawer that would be locked when I closed up shop for the day, and rolled my eyes at the way my day was turning out.

About 3:00 nature called again. When I got to the loo, there was quite a bit of bright red blood, but it didn't exactly look or smell like menses. And the bowl of the commode looked like a tequila sunrise. Went back to my desk, much perplexed. Had there been a failure of my D&C three years ago, and I was going to have to go through menopause and possible surgery AGAIN??? Googled "signs of a kidney infection" on the Mayo Clinic's website.

The plan for my evening was to pick up Fourthborn to come spend the night so we could attend a family party this evening, but I texted her to say that (A) I'd discovered that a friend had passed away earlier this week, and the viewing was last night, so (B) I was going to the funeral home first and (C) picking her up if she were willing to go with me to the night clinic. After which (D) I would be taking her back home if I did indeed have a kidney infection (the discomfort was stronger by this time, but nowhere near the level of pain I experienced with gallstones, and conventional wisdom says that kidney stones hurt worse) and (E) cancelling all plans for this weekend.

Went to the funeral home and comforted my friend, who was the sealer who officiated when I was sealed to Mom and Dad and when I was sealed to Mert. Picked up Fourthborn, and we were almost to the turn for the night clinic when a woman in the lane to my left turned in front of me, clipping the Tardis' left front fender. I am not a honker. I think I might have yelled, "Hey! Why are you doing that?" as I followed her into a parking lot, where she pulled up alongside a shiny new black Toyota.

She spoke no English, was young and Hispanic and crying into her cell phone, but the two ladies from the Toyota filled me in. They had been stopped at a light. She had been stopped behind them. Someone rear-ended her and pushed her into them. She was following them into the parking lot when the Tardis got in her way.

The Tardis now has a crease along her left front fender where the other car's side mirror scraped along her. I also have a picture of the license plate, the damage to the other car, and the damage to mine. The other ladies gave me the driver's name and cell phone number and said that she either didn't have insurance, or the proof of it was at home.

We went on to the night clinic, got me signed in, and I quietly but politely insisted that I needed to give them a urine sample NOW because I'd just been in a minor accident and really needed to pee before I could wind down.

We finished up at the clinic, took my Rx to a 24 hour pharmacy because mine was an hour away and would be closing in ten minutes, and went to In N Out for sustenance. I took Fourthborn home, she texted Middlest (whom I'd put in the loop some hours before, but who was freaking out here at home) that I was on the way home and asked Middlest to text back when I got home safely, because of course my phone died pretty on in the course of the evening.

I was supposed to attend a temple wedding this morning, and the reception this afternoon, but instead I've been napping prodigiously, and my daughter-in-love ran to the store for us and brought four cases of bottled water, two half gallons of orange juice, and a pint of ice cream for Middlest. We had a great visit with her for a couple of hours. She and Squishy are just the best people!

I've had two doses of Augmentin and will have to set my alarm for the third one, because I didn't get home until midnight, and I slept through my noon dosage and took it at 2:00. Both ankles are swollen and fire engine red, and my shins are crabby and tender.

I'm not sure if this illness is entirely physiological, or if my subconscious was trying to protect me from some members of the extended family that I thought I had forgiven but maybe not entirely. Middlest says that when looking at my energy signature (with permission), there is a small shard of obsidian lodged squarely in my heart, and that when I think about these people, that shard makes a clean cut that needs time to heal; that it's obvious that I want to forgive them but I'm not quite ready to do so. I have begun making it a matter of prayer during my conscious moments today.

I think a good cry would help, but I can't summon one, and what I really need to do at the moment is pee, so this is all you get for tonight. I've got leading the music covered for church tomorrow, and I was supposed to substitute teach in RS, which I was looking forward to, and I'm already scheduled to be off on Monday for a surgery LittleBit is having, but she texted me yesterday to say it's being reset for next spring sometime.

Later, gators.


No comments: