About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

The morning and the afternoon of the worse leg

This does not look as Technicolor as it did on Facebook. And it's significantly better looking than yesterday, or the day before that, or the day before that. Taken about 7:00am.


This was taken about 6:00pm. I've spent most of the day sitting up in bed. One short nap, but mostly I've been up, knitting, reading, or writing a handful of Christmas cards.


I've come up with ideas for the grands' Christmas ornaments. I'm only making them for my side of the family, because I only have an intermittent relationship with the twins and their kids. I haven't figured out anything for Christmas baskets for either side of the family. The heart is willing, but car repairs, three extra visits to the doctor for me plus our normal medical expenses, two visits from the plumber, etc., have wreaked havoc on what I laughingly call my budget. Everybody may just get a jar of honey from my food storage and a hug if they want one.

I'm sick. I'm tired. (But I'm not sick and tired.) And while I am not feeling Bah Humbug, I have minimal energy to invest in giving at my usual level. I'm 99% fine with that, and everybody else is just gonna have to be as well.

We ate the last of the Costco muffins for breakfast this morning. I made a batch of smaller muffins from my Williams-Sonoma muffin cookbook after dinner tonight. I can't taste them until an hour after my next dose of antibiotic: i.e., midnight. I hope to be well and truly asleep by then.

Hoping that I'm well enough to go to work tomorrow, if only to pick up the Amazon delivery that came today and the one that will come tomorrow. Planning to slip a footstool under my desk so I can type with my feet up as much as possible. Wish me luck.

No comments: