About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, December 01, 2017

Lincolnshire Posy

What I heard was "Lincoln sherpozie" which of course made me wonder what a sherpozie is, and why Lincoln had one. And then I thought of "Shipoopi" from The Music Man. And, belatedly, shar peis. I don't think Lincoln would have had a shar pei, either. (I have more fun with misheard words and lyrics than anybody has a right to, and I'm fine with that.)

Today is Day One of #lighttheworld. I have been hash-tagging all over Facebook today, and Tan's post reminded me of a widow's-mite opportunity to consider.

If you want to see what others are doing, here's another link. I loved the picture of somebody giving blood, and I wish I could do that, but Hepatitis 1979 put paid to that.

I took my folk art tree to work and put it in TheKid's office. I have one huge tree and a smaller one, plus some miniatures that will (eventually) get redecorated. And I've reclaimed another square foot of floor space in my studio.

I also took a bag of stuff with which to festoon my cubicle. Three framed cross stitch pieces, the ceramic disk I gave Beloved that first Christmas which proclaims "I'll get my elves right on that", the N-O-E-L that I made three(?) years ago to go on the shelf above the queen chair in the living room.

Middlest has pulled a small tabletop tree out of a bin that came from Virginia which is the perfect size for MSDs and American Girl dolls.

I am full of random thoughts tonight. And water, lots of water. And a little mashed potatoes. I'm waiting for my phone to finish charging so that I may finish assembling the quilt squares for tomorrow.

It was a really good day at work. My desk is momentarily under control. That is such an amazing feeling, especially since I've been staying one step ahead of the-sky-is-falling since I had that respiratory ick last month.

No comments: