About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, December 29, 2017

At the urging of my friends...

I went to the night clinic Wednesday night, and as it happened, the doctor who attended me was Beloved's (now mostly retired) PCP. He extended my Rx through Monday.

Both legs are looking better. I've mostly rested, except for the bit where we went to Costco yesterday and hit two Half Price Books on the way home, with a stop for a sit-down lunch. I now have the Shakespearean Star Wars episodes 4, 5, and 6 in hand, and I ordered 2, 3, and 7 from Amazon.

Since I did not need to go to the ER Wednesday night for IV antibiotics, or be admitted to the hospital, I came home and took advantage of the sale at Gudrun Sjödrén. Five new tops and a dress will show up on my doorstep in the next week or so. One of the tops has a loose and slouchy turtleneck, and I think it will be perfect with the necklace that my sister gave me for Christmas.

I cannot get in to see my doctor until Friday, unless she's scheduled to work the night clinic in Arlington before then. I've set a reminder to call her office on Tuesday (closed for New Year's Day, as is only right and proper) to see if they've gotten the schedule. They hadn't when I called late yesterday morning.

I was a good kid and used a handicap scooter while at Costco. The basket looked like something out of Grapes of Wrath by the time we were done buying the things we've been putting off. We still managed to get out of there in half an hour or so.

More progress on the current knitting project, which spent the night in the Tardis after our trip to the clinic, because I didn't want to bundle up and go back out to fetch it. Right now the fabric for the December quilt blocks is soaking or hung to dry in my shower. I'll take however many days are necessary to get it pressed, marked, cut out, and sewn together while honoring the need to rest and elevate my legs.

That's all I've got for you, poppets. I stayed up long enough for a half muffin and a mug of warm milk, and now I'm going to set the alarm for dark-thirty and call it a day.

No comments: