About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, March 06, 2009

English, she is such a funny language.

When I was transcribing dictation yesterday, my attorney had named various body parts that were X-rayed and may or may not have been injured in the accident, per the plaintiff’s medical records. To ensure that the plaintiff remains unidentifiable, I have replaced the names of the various body parts in the medical record with random body parts. I now give you what I heard through the earphones: “the colon elbow semicolon earlobe semicolon navel semicolon”, ad infinitum.

It was at the second or third body part he named, that I realized he was speaking of the grammatical colon and not the biological one. Maybe you had to be there, but I thought it was funny, and a good joke on me!

Tonight is the concert with Trainman and LadyZen. They will pick me up in front of my office building, and we will grab a quick dinner. Concert begins at 7:30. Depending upon how long it lasts, and how sleepy I am, I might even be able to swing by the singles’ dance afterward.

We had a lot of wind yesterday. Just about perfect weather for kite flying, but by the time I was done with an errand after leaving the train station, it was too dark. I came home and heated up some of the tortilla soup I had made earlier this week, and then I drove over to the shopping center that has Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, and Barnes & Noble, where I walked around and looked at all the pretties but didn’t buy anything. I just wanted to get a little exercise in a safe environment.

Pottery Barn qualifies as a safe environment only because I cannot afford the $2800 sofa I have been drooling over for two or three years. I steadfastly refused to buy the bronze leather pillow cover, which is more in my price range. It would look gorgeous on my couch. But then, so would Alan Rickman...

I turned off the fireplace last night; the window units in my room and the living room are both set at 77°F/25°C, and the ceiling fans are spinning merrily.

I woke an hour ahead of my alarm [again] so am roasting the pork tenderloin as we speak. Have knitted a little on BestFriend’s bed sock and am about ready to curl up on the couch with the Lumpy Bumpy Scarf, which is nearing completion.

I wonder if my Sockdown prize will come in the mail today?

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Have fun at your concert tonight and I thouroughly enjoyed the wind and sun yesterday driving from work to school.