About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Zombie Jamboree

The sleeplessness continues; I woke up before 4:00, which is really before 3:00 if you ignore the arbitrariness of Daylight Savings Time. I guess it’s a good thing that I am a knitter. I put in a video and stretched out on the couch to work on the gusset decreases; I may be done with them by the time I leave for the station.

Excellent news at work: my favorite attorney is expecting. This has been a long, painful, and expensive process for them, but their patience has been rewarded. One much-anticipated blessing will join their family in November. They should know if it’s a taco or a burrito by the end of next month, and then I can pick out colors for a Baby Surprise Jacket.

Nice visit with the Trainman last night. We are going to Central Market after work tomorrow to pick up some snacks for the field trip on Saturday. I will be baking some brownies [of course]. Maybe LadyZen and I can nail down a menu on the trip into Dallas this morning.

Work is going well. I am just short of crazy-busy, and our team is working effectively. I did realize with some chagrin yesterday afternoon that I had missed every one of my training sessions for Office 2007, because I’ve been up to my ears in alligators. Thankfully, I can catch other sessions with people who will be getting the rollout later than I will. I go live on the 23rd, but I’ve had some practice already because the computers at switchboard have already been upgraded.

Time to rustle up some breakfast and sneak in another decrease round or two while the tub fills. Hoping for another quiet evening at home with my knitting.

Remind me not to eat anything with beans or onions for the next couple of days. I had a couple of bean and cheese breakfast tacos at the support staff meeting yesterday, entirely forgetting that lunch would be a homemade aguacate torta [with refried black beans and lots of avocado]. Mr. Rogers wants to know, Can you say overkill?

I do not want to spend the entire field trip on Saturday, tooting on the observation deck.

No comments: