About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, March 12, 2009

New Restaurant + Actual Knitting Progress

So, LadyZen and Trainman and I each had our own customized, monogrammed version of the Day from Hades. We are all still staggering under the stupidity which is Daylight Savings Time. And likely to continue staggering for another week or so until our diurnal clocks reset themselves.

We took turns giving the Reader’s Digest version of our experiences. Then I grinned at Trainman and said, “You need chicken fried steak. Massey’s?” He countered with, “Anybody in the mood for some great fried rice?” The three of us went to Tokyo Cafe, just down the road from me a mile or so. I had a cup of miso soup, which I learned to like during that brief bout of insanity with Brother Abacus. Lovely stuff, and I don’t even like tofu. And then we split an appetizer of salmon sushi in a cilantro sauce. Also tasty, very mellow and smooth, though mine did not want to cooperate with my chopsticks [it was rather like trying to diaper a recalcitrant toddler] and I had to persuade it with my fork [which I assure you I never had to resort to with my children]. And then I ate what was simply the best fried rice of my life. I can tell within a bite or two if something is so salty that I will wake at 2:00am with my eyeballs on fire because of the sodium content. This was just good, and I cannot wait to eat the rest of it for lunch! But I will.

So now that we have established that the entrelac sock is not-mine, I have picked it up and am galloping joyfully toward the toe again. I want to try it on Middlest again this weekend, and I’d also like to try it on Secondborn; I think it will be a little too big, but maybe not quite as much too big as on Firstborn. They both have feet that are smaller than mine were, back in the day.

Il pleut des chats, et des chiens, et des petits poissons. [It is raining cats and dogs and little fishes.] I had to relight the fireplace. I put in The Devil Wears Prada and grabbed my knitting. Bliss!

Hey, Middlest, the new Knitty is up. I’ve added four or five new projects to my queu on Ravelry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the chopsticks description!

Kristen said...

Love miso soup.