About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, March 01, 2009

When my knitting doesn’t bicker with me...

Then life is very sweet, indeed.

I did end up turning on the fireplace for a few hours. When I looked at the outside temperature and saw that it was 34°F [1°C], I understood why the house was chilly.

I’ve entered my three new skeins from Thursday’s spree into my stash on Ravelry. I also checked the for-sale-or-trade bin of the woman I had spoken with toward the end of last year, and she appears to still have the yarn I wanted. So I shot her another email.

I am working the gusset decreases on the entrelac sock. If I am this enchanted at this point on the second sock, I think an entrelac sweater may be in my future. [And may very well eat up a large chunk of said future, in its creation.]

Car inspected? Check!
Nails all gorgeous? Check!
Window shopping accomplished? Check! [I did try two t-shirts on, and I didn’t like the fabric or the fit.]
Orange chicken nabbed for dinner? Check! [The sauce was somewhat spicier than usual. I may have melted an underwire as dinner made its way down my gullet...]
Rent mailed off? Check!
Tags renewed online? Check!
Magazine caddy purchased? Check! All of my cross-stitch patterns are now corralled.
Electronic cable cover purchased? Check! I spent a couple of hours under my desk last night and another couple of hours today, and while I need another cable cover for the cables from the TV, DVD player, and defunct VCR, the area under my desk is significantly neater. I also have a sore right elbow from leaning on it while sitting on the floor, and my hips are none too happy with me, either. Nevertheless, I’m glad that I did it.

While I made my five-minute dash into the Container Store just before it closed, I noticed a charging caddy that I think I may pick up next time I’m in there [which may be as early as tomorrow night]. I think it would fit nicely atop the big speaker for my computer, which I moved onto the TV stand. And I could run the wiring down through the next cable cover, when I buy it.

Time to grab something out of the fridge to eat while on the road, and head down to the stake center for stake conference. I would like a chance at the soft seats.

@Firstborn: no, it wasn’t the ficus tree. That’s currently in the hall, but when I rearrange my bed, I think it will go in the corner behind the headboard. Maybe.

@Middlest: I think that argyle sock pattern came from a book. You might have to track back through their posts a few days to find the reference.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Well I'm glad it was a real Christmas tree.

It is always nice to have a day where, even if you ar running around and busy, you get a lot of things accomplished and can go to bed in the tired but happy category.

Anonymous said...

If you like entrelacs consider a Lady Eleanor. I made mine with Noro Silk Garden. Worth every single penny (british penny that is) and every minute knitting it. Actually it was a joy to knit. I could sell it every time I wear it, which is usually at church.

Here is a Ravelry link

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lady-eleanor-entrelac-stole

I think mine actually looks a lot better than the one in the link. My yarn has more purple's in it.

Andrea in the UK