About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sheep Thrills

Middlest put this on her blog yesterday, because she knew I would like it.



Hooves down, my all-time favorite classical piece. [Now with sheep.] Speaking of which?

Sockdown February 2009

Middlest’s socks are done, and I’ve posted them on Ravelry. This is probably as close to identical as one is likely to get, knitting with Noro.

I stayed up too late last night, finishing the socks and watching / listening to The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. So, no brownies this morning: time for Plan B. Which would be the turtle cookies I bought last weekend and popped into the freezer for emergencies. I will pick up carrot sticks on the way to LadyZen’s house, and I bought a small coffeecake at Central last night when I went there with Trainman. [It was cheaper than I could have made one.] I have bagged the idea of deviled eggs. But he picked up fresh basil pesto and a sliced baguette, plus the brie, and I got more of the cheese I love. We will not exactly starve.

Road trip with foodies. Does it get any better than that? Time to clean out the magical red bag while the cookies bake. And grab something to knit.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Have fun. Remember who you are!?!

Anonymous said...

That video is hysterical!

Kerry said...

Wow those socks are way matchy matchy, you are to be congratulated.

Lynn said...

That paragraph should read "We ate until we got to *Palestine*, and that's when things took a turn."