About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, August 07, 2009

“As soon as I take my dad’s phone out of the rice.”

I hear the funniest things at work.

One of my attorneys has an elderly father, and what he thinks happened, is that his dad had the cell phone in his pocket, leaned forward, and it fell into the commode. So my attorney dried off the phone, took out the batteries, and put the damp phone into a container of uncooked rice for several days.

[His wife’s cell phone took a bath a few years ago, and they did this, and it dried out and has worked fine ever since.]

Remind me to pass up any invitations for stir-fry at their home.

Much knitting on the eternal teal scarf yesterday. And pictures of the first Cuprit [that we know of, on DoA] which shipped. Even bald, without makeup, and in the be-nudies, she’s ever so much prettier than the default photos on Soom’s website. She has a killer mouth: Angelina Jolie better look to her laurels!

No comments: