About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, August 14, 2009

Houston, we have a peplum!



Click to embiggen. I’m setting this aside for a couple of days in order to work on Firstborn’s socks. It will be nice to work on something human-scale again.

My friend Sooz hits another one out of the ballpark! As someone who is a Planner in part of her life and a Winger in the important parts, I can truly relate.

Tonight is the monthly dinner with Brother Sushi. His turn to buy, and we are heading up to Lewisville or Carrollton to a Hawaiian barbecue joint. Which reminds me of a snippet of conversation overheard earlier this week. A stunning brunette on the elevator was talking on her cell phone, explaining to the party on the other end that there is a difference between grilling and barbecuing. I hadn’t pondered that before. Grilling = high heat = steaks. Barbecue = slow heat = ribs or chicken or brisket.

Must go get ready for work. Patting the peplum on Cuprit’s sweater before putting it back into the bag for later. I need to PM somebody and get a couple more measurements before proceeding.

When this sweater is done and Firstborn’s socks are finished, I will be ready for another fat-yarn project. Maybe a felted bag from the leftover Malabrigo?

No comments: