About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, August 14, 2009

Houston, we have a peplum!



Click to embiggen. I’m setting this aside for a couple of days in order to work on Firstborn’s socks. It will be nice to work on something human-scale again.

My friend Sooz hits another one out of the ballpark! As someone who is a Planner in part of her life and a Winger in the important parts, I can truly relate.

Tonight is the monthly dinner with Brother Sushi. His turn to buy, and we are heading up to Lewisville or Carrollton to a Hawaiian barbecue joint. Which reminds me of a snippet of conversation overheard earlier this week. A stunning brunette on the elevator was talking on her cell phone, explaining to the party on the other end that there is a difference between grilling and barbecuing. I hadn’t pondered that before. Grilling = high heat = steaks. Barbecue = slow heat = ribs or chicken or brisket.

Must go get ready for work. Patting the peplum on Cuprit’s sweater before putting it back into the bag for later. I need to PM somebody and get a couple more measurements before proceeding.

When this sweater is done and Firstborn’s socks are finished, I will be ready for another fat-yarn project. Maybe a felted bag from the leftover Malabrigo?

No comments: