About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, August 09, 2009

Cannibalistic me...

To my great astonishment yesterday, I found myself eating M&M’s imprinted with my best friend’s face. Her hubby ordered several bags of them for her birthday earlier this year, and I got one. The only thing better than sitting on the couch, knitting and watching Persuasion, is sitting and knitting and watching with an open bag of M&M’s.



The Lace Ribbon Scarf is done. More pictures to follow after it’s properly blocked. That’s two, two finished objects this week, bwa ha ha ha ha! [And I have frogged M. le Clapotis. Swatching for new project will commence later this week.]



How sad is it that I was so antsy to finish this scarf that I did very little puttering yesterday? Behold, one happy couch.



And one happy bathroom sink.



As you can see, I still haven’t painted the bathroom. Firstborn’s socks are next on the agenda.

Do you have any idea how long it takes to frog 250 yards of laceweight silk? You can’t go more than five inches without one stitch hanging onto its neighbor like a reluctant kindergartner on the first day of school: “No Mommy, no Mommy, don’t make me gooooo!

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I am just glad to hear that my my birthday socks are back n the agenda.