About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, August 06, 2009

The Little Knitter Who Could

Here is the collar spread out in all its glory.



The left lapel.



The collar back.



That’s all I have for you this morning. I came home from Fourthborn’s last night and spent 20 minutes waiting for a large red wasp-like flying insect to light on the wall long enough and low enough for me to smack it into oblivion with my flyswatter and flush the remains. I couldn’t tell if it was one of the ones that is harmless but loud, or one of the aggressive ones. It was inside. I was taking no chances. [Or prisoners.]

Once I had that little detail taken care of, I put Runaway Bride into the player and listened to it while finishing the embroidery. When I was done, it was 12:30. This time I reset the alarm for 6:00am. My tub is full. My bag is packed, including or should I say especially the scarf, with the spare partial ball of yarn.

I discovered a small mistake on the scarf, about eight inches from where I am. No, I am not frogging back. I will embroider it shut, or something.

I am outta here in about seven minutes. Bishop gave me some homework last night. Which means no knitting on the couch tonight. But I think there might be a celebratory chocolate muffin when I get to work today.

Autumn Asters, c’est fini!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Gorgeous!

Tan said...

ohmigosh, I cannot even TELL you how gorgeous I think that is! Wow! Way to go!

And I love your rice story in the next post, too.