About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

I cleaned out my inbox today.

Here are a bunch of links to articles I thought y’all might enjoy. I love that phrase, ardent and singular, in the first article. Everything from book reviews to financial infidelity to speaking the truth.

Work yesterday was amazing, and wonderful, and a little disorienting. I think I will get used to the new arrangement, just in time to go back to the old one. But it was funny at 9:00am to think, “My week to go get the early mail. Oh wait, no it’s not.”

Or at 10am to say to myself, “Time for her break. No, I can just keep typing.”

And at 11:30am to smile, knowing I did not have to sit at switchboard for another hour.

And at 3:00 to breeze past switchboard on my way to the loo, and wave at our friend who was covering the afternoon break.

It was also really, really great to have my friend sitting at the same lunch table with me, on her new, late, lunch hour.

I have another hour and 45 minutes to two hours, now available for productive work instead of intra-office commuting!

Knit Night tonight. I think I am taking the train anyway and just driving over from the T&P station after work, as we’re meeting at Borders this week. I think. And maybe I can return Secondborn’s cowboy hat on the way home?

Some progress on my sister’s cowl, almost immediately frogged back when I discovered a dropped stitch. Will try again today.

Life is good. I’m a little frazzled, but I know where the chocolate is, and once I’m on the train I can knit.

Still no sign of my Cuprit. And I’ll pay off my Jessica in three days.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Glad its going well.