About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, November 08, 2009

If you have time, and...

... if you are female, you will probably love this post, regardless of which side of the argument you’re on. I did not chew my way through all of the comments, but some of them are priceless. If you are male, and exceedingly brave, you will probably have your suspicions confirmed that we women are not entirely rational when it comes to clothing (particularly if you read some of the comments).

When company is not expected chez Ravelled, shoes go wherever I kick them off, and doorknobs toward the rear of the house are frequently (ahem) multifunctional. One more reason to not be in a hurry to remarry; for now, my sartorial opinion is the only one which counts!

This one’s [mostly] for the boys. I attended Boise State in 1974-1975. [Yes, I’m that old. Hush!] This is the game that got dissed on Friday night at the coffeehouse. I’ll wait while my girls pick their jaws up off the floor. No, I haven’t gone all sorority girl, I’m dating the quarterback, on y’all. This was the lead story on Yahoo! news when I logged on a few minutes ago. Or maybe I’m hungover from the aromatherapy lotion she used when I got my brows waxed yesterday.

Movie recommendation, just to prove I’m still me. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Last Chance Harvey to show up at Entertainmart. I scored a copy yesterday. There is some language, but my Least Favorite Word was a no-show. There is also a trailer for a movie that may or may not be out yet, but has two of my favorite actresses, and I wish it were not rated R: Sunshine Cleaning(?). Looks like a great premise: young woman who finds a niche where she can make a difference, and in the process learns that she is deserving of respect and drops her co-dependent ways. [I wonder if it is based on a book that I would not be embarrassed to read?]

Speaking of books, I am still nibbling away at the biography of Genghis Khan. Very well done, and I am learning so much. There are aspects of what has since become traditional warfare that previously made no sense to me, and I can see how his [and his descendants’] contributions to the breakup of feudalism in Europe, opened the way for political and religious freedom and the eventual restoration of the Gospel [here in America] in 1830.

Maybe I don’t hate history as much as I thought I did? Maybe it’s not all when was the War of 1812 fought? or who is buried in Grant’s tomb? By the way, girls, did you know that I have a copy of your umpty-great-grandfather’s pension certificate from the War of 1812?

OK, enough pondering. I’m going to go sit on the couch and knit something.

No comments: