About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, November 12, 2009

An IV tube and a can of Hershey’s syrup, please!

Work was crazy-busy yesterday. Not bad, just intense. With more of the same on my plate for today. My attorney was out of the office but will be doing trial prep. Thankfully, it won’t impact my work flow much, if at all.

I had five tapes to do for one of my other attorneys for a huge mediation this afternoon. I finished three of them and am about 80% done with the other, and the last one should be relatively short. It is so, so helpful that I am not having to be up front at switchboard. I can’t believe how much more I am getting done in a day.

Had my first working meeting with our new bishop last night, counseling at first over confidential stuff that he needed to know, and then he brought in one of his new counselors in the bishopric, and we did some planning together. Long, long night, but let me bear testimony that when you are doing the Lord’s work, He gives you the strength and energy that you need. I spent a good chunk of the evening in my car, ferrying people to and fro before my meeting, and ordinarily my limit for driving is about an hour before my right knee starts to whimper. No pain whatsoever. None. Not last night, when I was in the middle of it, and none this morning.

Singles’ conference this weekend, beginning with a temple session tonight. Am hoping to finish Uncle Kenny’s work, and also Brother Stilts’. I am really looking forward to the peace and serenity that flows through me when I am sitting in the House of the Lord. [I am also hoping to be able to stay awake; I am very much in when I sits, I falls asleep mode.]

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Hope the evening was all you wanted it to be.

Tan said...

Oh my, just reading that blog heading sends me running for the Metformin!