About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Cover me, guys. I’m going in!

I might have been watching a little too much John Wayne, of late. Though I have friends of both sexes who would say that that is impossible.

I’m vertical. My head is relatively clear. I am tired of my lovely red comfy couch. I don’t ever get tired of my own company [they know me here], but I would welcome the company of others, and I think I can manage that today without deafening them by my honking and sneezing.

I finished the fronts and back of the tiny sweater, joined the shoulders with a three needle bind-off, picked up stitches for one sleeve and put a quarter-inch of length on it, and realized that I picked up too many stitches. And made the armscye too deep. And really, truly, prefer raglan sleeves to just about everything else. So this may become a sleeveless vest for a larger doll, or I may rip all the way back to where I bound off for the underarms, cast on two sleeves, and take it from there. It’s going into timeout for a bit, and I’m going to knit something quick and wonderful, in wool, for me.

Later, gators. There’s a hot shower calling my name.

No comments: