About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Not much going on here.

I know: you’re shocked. Had a quietly productive day at work yesterday, including a training meeting that was well worth my time. Also had the wrap-up PRT (performance review) for 2010, which included plenty of attagirls and a bit of truly constructive criticism. My office manager excels at that.

I’ll find out next month how the evaluation translates into raise and bonus, but I have to say that the overall evaluation was better than I had expected for my first year in the new position.

I sat down with the Habu silk and cast on 72 stitches during lunch, which I worked up at Knit Night last night and frogged after about four rows. I think I need to go down at least one needle size. I’m hoping that the 00000’s will do it. Wrangling this yarn (thread, actually) is a lot like trying to herd cats, and I am looking forward to seeing what a swatch is like, once washed. Silk yarn tends to grow when washed.

Lorelai’s tank is full, I have healthy food and new snackage, and I borrowed ten VHS’s from the new guy when I came home Sunday night. So if the promised storm comes through and I am snowed in for the second consecutive week, I think I’ll be OK in the physical and mental health department.

[No wisecracks from the peanut gallery, if you please.]

I am hoping that the second batch of yarn makes it to my office today, so that if they send us home early I will have more ammunition against cabin fever.

I found a really great V-day card for the new guy yesterday. Not mushy, not snarky, just cute and old-fashioned and tasteful. With any luck the roads will be good on Saturday, when we are both supposed to attend a singles activity in Plano, and I can give it to him then.

I have another meeting scheduled for this afternoon. I hope that it is as lively and useful as yesterday’s.

No comments: