About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Exciting News!

Well, for me at least: the first batch of yarn which I ordered when I was snowed in last week, arrived safely at work yesterday. Habu silk tweed, Xie bamboo, and Karabella Supercashmere Fine. Each glorious in its own way. Swatching to begin shortly.

Can’t find the Word document with my notes on Chutzpah’s sweater, so I will have to sit down with pen and paper to count stitches and reconstruct it. I want to reproduce it in the Habu and then the Xie, for my Etsy shop. And then in cashmere. I looked in my finished objects on Ravelry to see if I had saved the pattern there, but no such luck.

One wheel, reinvented, coming right up. And yes, I want fries with that, but I will happily take tater tots instead.

Work went well yesterday. It was so nice to be back. With permission, I left a little early to order the cake for Friday’s group birthday party, which was postponed from last Friday because of the weather. More of which we may get tonight.

Selfishly, I hope any storm we get hits after I bring home the second yarn shipment and after everyone is safely off the roads and tucked in at home. I will plan on picking up more snackage, as a friend’s daughter calls it, on my way to work this morning. I had enough to eat last week, and I ate well, and it would have been nice to have had more options.

There was a catalogue from a shipping supplies place, waiting in my mailbox last night. Now to compare its contents and prices with those offered at the Etsy shop. I would far rather support another crafter.

1 comment:

AlisonH said...

Enjoy your new yarns!