About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Monday, February 07, 2011

Packers 1, Glee 0

I have no explanation for it. I ransacked my brain, trying to figure out if I was just being a good sport so the new guy would like me.

Nope.

I watched an entire football game. I asked reasonably intelligent questions. I may even have made some noise when the Packers scored that second touchdown. [I should probably tell my sister, who inherited our dad’s football-loving genes. Nah.]

They are not going to believe this at work. Nor the fact that I, the Anti-Tamale, ate half of one and thought it was pretty tasty, too.

After the game and the blah-blah that followed, we watched the first few minutes of Glee. I don’t get it. It’s not funny enough to be a comedy. There wasn’t enough singing in what we saw, for it to be a musical (though what we saw was better than the half-time show). And Jane Lynch’s character is just boring.

That’s the big secret of the universe: evil is boring. [In case you were wondering.] It just hopes you don’t figure that out. Goodness, in all its infinite variety, is the only thing that matters.



He’s wearing that to work today. And I have five minutes to get dressed and out the door if I want a stress-free commute.

There is cheesecake in the fridge. Pippa was right.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I watched Glee for part of the first season, but it was sleazy in my opinion. I never watched American Idol because I didn't like to watch people being torn apart and made fun of on national television. I don't watch the Glee characters for the same reason, even though it's done slightly differently. I just borrow the music cds from the library and skip the racy songs. Same benefits without all the drama.

Jenni said...

Glee is less a comedy and more a drama and the musical numbers are always superb! We will have to let you listen to the many tracks that we have for our iPods so you can be converted to the genius (with or without the visual of the show).