About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Finally starting to get a handle on things at work.

I am not caught up yet, not by a long shot, but I am less far behind than I was. We count all the small victories.

Our new phones are live, as of today. I just barely have an idea of what to do with mine. I got maybe a tithe of the online training done because I was up to my ears entering new cases for two weeks. And this week I have been doing the things I had to set aside when I was entering the cases. I cannot believe that tomorrow is Thursday. I will have two cases to enter, but at least I whittled down my outstanding to-do's from 45 or some ridiculous number, to 13.

My desk is a wreck. My house is less so. I played catch-up on laundry last night. One load, I think, left to go. And I sizzled a steak in a cast iron skillet on the stove.

There has been no knitting since I finished StellaLuna on Sunday. I know what I want to work on, but I don't want to spend the money on the yarn until I get my bonus. So I am reading (!) and disposing of more paperwork (!!) and carting bags of clothing to the back of the truck and bags of trash out to the garbage can.

My new visiting teacher came over last night. Surprised me with a visit. It wasn't as if she could have gotten me, as I hadn't turned the ringer on, on my phone. We had a great visit. A real visit.

I am going to post this, such as it is, and then toggle over to Deseret Book's website and see if I can spend my gift certificate. There's a book by Elder Bednar that my ward and stake leadership keep quoting, and I'd like to read those quotes in context, because the bits I've already heard are wonderfully comforting.

And then I am going to go home and eat leftover pierogies.

No comments: