About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Not as the world giveth.

I owe y'all a post. Thank you for your prayers. By the grace of Heaven that oncoming train has been shunted into the roundhouse for refurbishing.

I have had two successive plausibly good days at work. My focus is returning. My productivity is still nowhere near where it needs to be, much less where I would like it to be, but I have stopped twitching.

I barely did anything last weekend. Ate. Slept. Read. Napped. Prayed. Rinse and repeat. I got the trim taped in the dining room but did not so much as dampen a brush. When I was awake I was chiefly reading in bed, sitting up, legs stretched out. By the end of the weekend there was almost no swelling in my ankles, and the skin was soft and supple.

With the exception of four, two-hour sessions of General Conference next weekend, I am hoping for more of the same.

Knitting is also happening. I am working on the Anny Blatt kit: silvery grey ribbon yarn plus white angora.

Last night I rubbed a single drop of lavender oil on my forehead and temples, and lavender chamomile lotion on various dry spots. Slept like a rock. Will try it again tonight.

Sounds like a big storm brewing outside. Also sounds like we need to prune some branches on the tree outside the bedroom window. It's making all sorts of creepy noises.

Night, y'all.

No comments: