About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, March 30, 2013

See that patch of sunlight?

That is where Beloved proposed. It is just inside the entrance to One Eleven Ranch Park and just before you get to the Pavilion.

After I joined the rec center a few blocks from the house, signed up for a point and shoot photography class in May, picked up cleaning supplies and more blue painter's tape at Home Depot, I drove to Arby's and got a classic sandwich, some curly fries, and a mint chocolate shake that tasted more like banana than anything else, and I drove to the park.

I rolled down the windows, ate my lunch, and talked to Beloved between bites. Nothing profound or earth shaking. Just some of the things I've been dealing with and how I felt about them. Some of the plans I am making for over the next few years. My gratitude for the kind of man he is and was. My thanks for his having helped me to find the truck title. And when I was done talking, I rolled up the windows and came home.

The situation at work is resolving. I had a good meeting with the office manager and my mentor. After work I went to Secondborn's for dinner, a bit of a visit, and then I came home and slept like a rock.

I am going to wash down the trim in the dining room. Everything is taped and ready to go except for a few grimy spots. Maybe I will go to bed tonight with three walls completely done?

No comments: