About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, March 22, 2013

Mostly successful.

I think. Sitting here in bed with my smart phone and blogging away. Cherry tootsie pop in my mouth. Ceiling fan humming. Furnace back on. It is 48°F out there, people!

Office manager asked me in passing how things were going. Told her I was getting a little less behind every day. Not sure that that was the answer she wanted to hear, but all she said was, "Good."

I wrangled three days' worth of mail for Mellow and five days' worth for SemperFi. The only to-do's that got done were directly related to the mail. And I didn't quite finish calendaring one last scheduling order. But at the end of the day I felt significantly less like I'd been stuffed in a sack and beaten like the proverbial stepchild. Or dragged through a knothole sideways.

We count all the small victories.

The Lane Bryant outlet was a wasted trip. Either the fabrics were shoddy or the cuts were sleazy. Sometimes both. I tried Avenue as well. A couple of sweaterish things I liked but more than I was willing to pay.

So I dropped off something I had borrowed from Fourthborn and headed home. Stopped long enough to let the cat in and grab a couple of hard boiled eggs. Then over to CJ Banks, where I was *not* disappointed. Five dressy T-shirts on sale and another deeply discounted sweater. Came home with a huge bag and significantly under budget.

Just about wound down enough to think about going to sleep. Am hoping that tomorrow will revolve around painting the dining room walls. With a side order of reading.

No comments: