About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Mostly successful.

I think. Sitting here in bed with my smart phone and blogging away. Cherry tootsie pop in my mouth. Ceiling fan humming. Furnace back on. It is 48°F out there, people!

Office manager asked me in passing how things were going. Told her I was getting a little less behind every day. Not sure that that was the answer she wanted to hear, but all she said was, "Good."

I wrangled three days' worth of mail for Mellow and five days' worth for SemperFi. The only to-do's that got done were directly related to the mail. And I didn't quite finish calendaring one last scheduling order. But at the end of the day I felt significantly less like I'd been stuffed in a sack and beaten like the proverbial stepchild. Or dragged through a knothole sideways.

We count all the small victories.

The Lane Bryant outlet was a wasted trip. Either the fabrics were shoddy or the cuts were sleazy. Sometimes both. I tried Avenue as well. A couple of sweaterish things I liked but more than I was willing to pay.

So I dropped off something I had borrowed from Fourthborn and headed home. Stopped long enough to let the cat in and grab a couple of hard boiled eggs. Then over to CJ Banks, where I was *not* disappointed. Five dressy T-shirts on sale and another deeply discounted sweater. Came home with a huge bag and significantly under budget.

Just about wound down enough to think about going to sleep. Am hoping that tomorrow will revolve around painting the dining room walls. With a side order of reading.

No comments: