About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Trying the Android app.

In theory I am at RS tonight. In reality I have had as much dealing-with-people as I can manage for one day. So I am waiting for my tater tots to finish baking. And I am enjoying the last bites of toaster waffle liberally jellied with some of our pomegranate jelly. If there is still room at the inn when I'm done with the tots, I will think about a small omelette. Or maybe a chunk of cheese.

I had a good day at work yesterday. That was yesterday. Today was last Thursday redux. With a two and a half hour staff meeting thrown in for good measure.

And an email from the office manager asking why I had not completed the mandatory training for the new phone system. I told her I had gotten partway through and would get it completed eventually.

That's probably not going to make her happy. Any more than the raft of other emails I *haven't* answered because I am scrambling to get the most urgent stuff done.

Having my workload more than double two and a half weeks after my husband died is wonderful in theory. At least I am not sending out will-type-for-food emails anymore.

By the end of this month I will probably have opened a dozen new cases for my new attorney. Plus the ones for SemperFi. I normally open six to eight cases for SemperFi each month. It depends on how many we closed the month before. I managed to close one each for them today. Looks like this month it will be five or six for SemperFi and closer to a dozen for Mellow. I see that I said that already. I'm going to have a slice of cheese and then go stand in the shower and poach for awhile. Or maybe I will paint a wall and then go poach.

My knitting mojo has apparently run off to Club Med. And taken my marbles with it.

I am supposed to ask for help when I'm drowning. But I'm too busy drowning to know where help would be most helpful.

Chocolate. Chocolate would be helpful. Night,  y'all.

1 comment:

Tola said...

i havent been to RS in a long time. but we have just moved to a new ward so maybe i will try it again. i have a dear friend who has a PhD in Theology, and she *hates* having her Visiting Creatures (her word) come over.

"I'm just fine thank you: I'm active, I'm resilient, and having to clean up my house so you can come and sit and read something at me when I my ownself am really dangerously literate is not my idea of a good time."

im not nearly as smart as she is, but i sure can relate to the cleaning-house thing.

love you, stay strong.