About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Trying the Android app.

In theory I am at RS tonight. In reality I have had as much dealing-with-people as I can manage for one day. So I am waiting for my tater tots to finish baking. And I am enjoying the last bites of toaster waffle liberally jellied with some of our pomegranate jelly. If there is still room at the inn when I'm done with the tots, I will think about a small omelette. Or maybe a chunk of cheese.

I had a good day at work yesterday. That was yesterday. Today was last Thursday redux. With a two and a half hour staff meeting thrown in for good measure.

And an email from the office manager asking why I had not completed the mandatory training for the new phone system. I told her I had gotten partway through and would get it completed eventually.

That's probably not going to make her happy. Any more than the raft of other emails I *haven't* answered because I am scrambling to get the most urgent stuff done.

Having my workload more than double two and a half weeks after my husband died is wonderful in theory. At least I am not sending out will-type-for-food emails anymore.

By the end of this month I will probably have opened a dozen new cases for my new attorney. Plus the ones for SemperFi. I normally open six to eight cases for SemperFi each month. It depends on how many we closed the month before. I managed to close one each for them today. Looks like this month it will be five or six for SemperFi and closer to a dozen for Mellow. I see that I said that already. I'm going to have a slice of cheese and then go stand in the shower and poach for awhile. Or maybe I will paint a wall and then go poach.

My knitting mojo has apparently run off to Club Med. And taken my marbles with it.

I am supposed to ask for help when I'm drowning. But I'm too busy drowning to know where help would be most helpful.

Chocolate. Chocolate would be helpful. Night,  y'all.

1 comment:

Tola said...

i havent been to RS in a long time. but we have just moved to a new ward so maybe i will try it again. i have a dear friend who has a PhD in Theology, and she *hates* having her Visiting Creatures (her word) come over.

"I'm just fine thank you: I'm active, I'm resilient, and having to clean up my house so you can come and sit and read something at me when I my ownself am really dangerously literate is not my idea of a good time."

im not nearly as smart as she is, but i sure can relate to the cleaning-house thing.

love you, stay strong.