About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Today.

I am sitting here in bed, waiting for my hair to dry so I won't have weird hair at church tomorrow. Ordinarily I wash my hair in the morning. But I knew I would be painting today, so I saw no point in getting cleaned up until I had finished.

Three walls are done. I am so impressed with this paint. As I cut in the edges this morning, I also painted over the stray bits of blue from when Fourthborn and I did the ceiling. After that bit of prep work and two proper coats, the walls are perfectly, consistently yellow. And the color is exactly what I had hoped it would be.

I'm not quite as stiff as last time, but then it's not morning yet. I have decided that painting is to step aerobics as tai chi is to martial arts: the real thing, just almost impossibly slow.

I got a lot less paint on myself this time.

Random thought: not sure that I have ever seen an obese house painter. I suppose they exist. But all the guys I see at Home Depot are little bitty skinny things. Maybe by the time I am done repainting the house I'll be one, too.

Or I could just move to Hawaii. My friend Sooz posted on FB that in Hawaii a 2X is considered a "medium."

But for now, the only place I'm going is to bed.

No comments: