About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Today.

I am sitting here in bed, waiting for my hair to dry so I won't have weird hair at church tomorrow. Ordinarily I wash my hair in the morning. But I knew I would be painting today, so I saw no point in getting cleaned up until I had finished.

Three walls are done. I am so impressed with this paint. As I cut in the edges this morning, I also painted over the stray bits of blue from when Fourthborn and I did the ceiling. After that bit of prep work and two proper coats, the walls are perfectly, consistently yellow. And the color is exactly what I had hoped it would be.

I'm not quite as stiff as last time, but then it's not morning yet. I have decided that painting is to step aerobics as tai chi is to martial arts: the real thing, just almost impossibly slow.

I got a lot less paint on myself this time.

Random thought: not sure that I have ever seen an obese house painter. I suppose they exist. But all the guys I see at Home Depot are little bitty skinny things. Maybe by the time I am done repainting the house I'll be one, too.

Or I could just move to Hawaii. My friend Sooz posted on FB that in Hawaii a 2X is considered a "medium."

But for now, the only place I'm going is to bed.

No comments: