About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Laughing at myself.

But not too hard, because that would hurt. Where are the maximum strength Midol when I need them?

The good news is that this will pass. My neck, shoulders, back, hips, and knees will eventually forgive me. And as I continue to work on the house, my body will figure out that this stretching and pushing are part of the new normal and quit complaining.

After taking down the painter's tape, I had a cup of yogurt. And I nearly fell asleep while reading a distinctly non-boring book. So I thought a catnap might be in order. But every time I rolled over, I woke myself up.

We have no ibuprofen, because of the blood thinner Beloved was on. I checked both bathrooms and the cupboard in the kitchen where he kept a lot of first aid supplies. I have more acetaminophen than you could shake a stick at. They will expire long before I could use them up.

Good news is, my ankles are being uncharacteristically docile. And for that I am grateful. Notwithstanding all of the walking I did yesterday, they are relatively limber and unswollen. I'm sure that the five bottles of water I drank during the day helped every bit as much as the constant movement.

Now if I could only get my eyelids to stay open.

No comments: