About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Friday, August 09, 2013

A delicious day.

Beginning with yesterday's breakfast in bed and continuing until bedtime. I was blessed to keep the day more or less in balance.

Enough to eat, even if I rather regretted having polished off the Nutella on Wednesday. A simple dinner and no errands, followed by a load of darks washed and put away. (All but matching the socks.)

A batch of brownies baked, cooled, and divided into snack bags for upcoming lunches. Finished the chapter in Alma that I had been slogging through, and one more.

Great fun with Olive. A somewhat shorter session with the banjo, working over the exercises I began on Wednesday. At that point my hands were tired from holding my Livre de Mormon.

A few pages in an old Jack Weyland novel. Bills paid. Documents gathered to support my application for the transfer of the homestead credit from Beloved's name.

One of my sinuses feels as if there were a feather up there. Or possibly an entire chicken. But WRR is playing the Hallelujah Chorus, and it sounds glorious. I'm singing along with the the sopranos one octave lower. And I have my 1-900 speaking voice.

Without checking the pollen count, it's probably safe to assume that ragweed season has arrived, chez Ravelled. Or maybe it is just part of the cleansing process which follows a massage. I was a good kid and drank plenty of water yesterday.

I think I will tackle those socks. Honk!

No comments: