About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Good day. And not over yet.

Mammogram this morning, followed by cinnamon rolls from KolacheMan. I don't miss having kids in school. I do miss running by his shop for those cinnamon rolls after early morning seminary.

Musically, it's been a tender day. Out of nowhere I started singing "The Water Is Wide" while in the shower. I only know the first verse. Which led to a search on YouTube and the happy discovery that Eva Cassidy recorded it during her all too brief career.

So after I finished crying, I put it on FB. Death is a very wide river. And I'm not ready to cross over. I am so grateful for my temple covenants, and that I am finally sealed to Beloved. Some fine day in what I hope is the far distant future, I will step into that water. And Beloved and my Savior will pull me out on the other shore.

I did a little more work on the bookcases that need to be emptied so I can paint that last wall in the dining room. Found my Corrs CD. Listened while I ran errands tonight. Good stuff.

Sold a bagful of DVD's at Entertainmart and bought three new CD's by The Corrs. Went to an ice cream shop that got good reviews on Yelp. They weren't kidding. I will go back. (Sweet Firefly on Custer just north of Lookout in Plano. Hard to find. Worth the effort.) The salted caramel is excellent. At $2.95 for a single scoop in a minuscule foam cup, it had better be!

And now I am home again. Scriptures are read. Time to make some music and call it a night.

1 comment:

Angeluna said...

Lynn, I am so glad to hear that the sealing is done. I know that means a lot to you. Love reading your posts...you are really quite amusing. ~A