About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

H-U-N-G-R-Y

Caught myself finger spelling that yesterday afternoon. Repeatedly. My appetite is a little erratic this week, so it's hard to know how much to take for lunch.

We have had buckets and buckets of rain the past two nights. My friend Trish had a scary drive home on Tuesday. I opted for skipping Knit Night in favor of coming straight home. Last night I had about a quarter mile of deluge before it let up.

Some little bird is chirping right outside my window. Just heard something bigger and louder at the front of the house. Little bird is now silent. No telling if it's hiding from the second or if it's flown to the front of the house to sing counterpoint.

Still waiting on a closing date for the refi. Still waiting for the official word on whether I should make the August payment on the current mortgage. Should know by noon. Lunch may be spent dashing in Lorelai to a branch bank to drop off the payment before their cutoff hour.

A little more progress on the jacket last night. Also on the high E on my recorder. And in strengthening my fingers on the banjo. Two steps back in terms of creating a healthy dinner. Not tasty. Too salty, even with modifications. Not quite filling enough. And my ankles are still swollen and red this morning. But thankfully no hives.

I have a pretty strong case of the Idawannas. I need to open a new case for SemperFi. And I would really rather turn off all the lights and take a nap and spend the day knitting. Not an option.

Thankfully this is a problem that a good shower and the right food can fix.

No comments: