About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Knitting's done.

I do need to weave in some ends. And find my blocking wires. And my blocking mats. And a big enough stretch of unoccupied flat surface to git 'er done. But my first Knit Swirl is off the needles.

I went to the court today but was dismissed with about 20% of the original jury pool after three hours. Most folks would have gone home, and if they'd sent me to a JP court near home, I would not have headed back downtown. As it was, I stopped in at the deli in our building and picked up chicken fried steak and a double order of mashed potatoes and gravy. And then I got to work and made up, a little, for yesterday's mildly frustrating work flow.

Trying to remember if I have one or two suits left to answer tomorrow.

I am trying to get enough gumption to practice my music, but I think I will just read my scriptures and call it a night. Had a very healing massage last night; am having some amusingly bizarre side effects. So I'm rather more tired than usual.

No comments: