About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Cue the Carly Simon.

Specifically, her old song "Anticipation." I got a shipping notice email yesterday. And shortly before bedtime the tracking number was functional. My banjo is supposed to arrive before the end of the day!

I'm hoping that means before 5:00pm. Because I'm having it delivered to the office. Twenty-one pounds of box and packing materials and hard case and potential.

I skimmed the beginner's workbook last night before crashing and after scripture study and recorder practice. There's a whole new world in there. I can read musical notation. (At least the treble clef.) But there is an additional symbology I will need to learn. And the jargon? I can see why Tan said to get a teacher.

Massage last night went well. Very few trouble spots. Mostly a matter of replacing the filters and rotating the tires, so to speak. No visible bruising, and I slept like a rock. Notwithstanding my elation over the shipping notice.

Breakfast is calling my name. And I need to leave early enough to pick up a case of bottled water, because I'm completely out. I have just enough tuna mix left over for a sandwich at lunch, and I need to come up with something more immediate. My stomach is warbling along with the radio, but in a different key.

Happy Thursday. Happy first day of August. Happy additional musical adventure fixin' to begin.

Not yet pickin'. Definitely grinnin'.

No comments: