About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Thursday, August 01, 2013

Cue the Carly Simon.

Specifically, her old song "Anticipation." I got a shipping notice email yesterday. And shortly before bedtime the tracking number was functional. My banjo is supposed to arrive before the end of the day!

I'm hoping that means before 5:00pm. Because I'm having it delivered to the office. Twenty-one pounds of box and packing materials and hard case and potential.

I skimmed the beginner's workbook last night before crashing and after scripture study and recorder practice. There's a whole new world in there. I can read musical notation. (At least the treble clef.) But there is an additional symbology I will need to learn. And the jargon? I can see why Tan said to get a teacher.

Massage last night went well. Very few trouble spots. Mostly a matter of replacing the filters and rotating the tires, so to speak. No visible bruising, and I slept like a rock. Notwithstanding my elation over the shipping notice.

Breakfast is calling my name. And I need to leave early enough to pick up a case of bottled water, because I'm completely out. I have just enough tuna mix left over for a sandwich at lunch, and I need to come up with something more immediate. My stomach is warbling along with the radio, but in a different key.

Happy Thursday. Happy first day of August. Happy additional musical adventure fixin' to begin.

Not yet pickin'. Definitely grinnin'.

No comments: