About Me

My photo
Ten years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Still hobbling around.

Just in case you were wondering. Limping, naturally enough, provokes the hip on the opposite side. Which strains both knees. Rather like when Firstborn had two cats, before moving to Florida, and had them declawed and fixed at a go. Poor cats did not know what body part to favor.

After work I drove to the temple. I was hoping, at least a little, that I would walk out at the end of an evening of service with a non-cranky body. In this I was disappointed. But the time I spent in the house of the Lord was exquisitely instructive.

We are encouraged by our church leaders to liken the scriptures to our own lives. Last night I saw the connection between a verse I have nodded at in passing, over the past 38 years, and something that happened this week. One of those ohhh... moments that bring recognition and understanding and tears to the eyes.

This is not likely to be one of those weekends in which I run around checking out shops and crossing items off my list. I will bake a birthday pie for Squishy. We will get Lorelai started and to the service station and probably a new battery put in.

He will lift down two large, awkward, and heavy containers from the shelf in my closet (one-handed, if he's anything like Beloved) so I may sort through the contents. And I will finish his birthday present.

I will go to church tomorrow and try to figure out my new calling. And I will stay off my foot as much as possible. Perhaps this is meant to be a time to slow down and ponder. (It's certainly preferable to hugging the commode and throwing up all the way from my toes.)

Now to figure out something for breakfast.

No comments: