About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, August 04, 2013

Please release me, let me go.

They did, in sacrament meeting this morning. I was supposed to conduct Primary today, and all month. Instead, I got to go to Gospel Doctrine class and Relief Society, totally unprepared for either lesson and with a phone that needed recharging, so no access to the manuals or my scriptures or the hymnal.

After church I gleefully double-bagged three notebooks and a couple of other items and ran them over to the home of my replacement.

I was amazed, and touched, by the number of kids who gave me a hug on the fly at the end of sacrament meeting on their way to Primary.

The bishopric has a new calling in mind for me and will let me know next week. I hope it's not leadership. I would like to have a little stretch where I am doing something useful that does not require any additional meetings during the week. I have missed Knit Night. And there is so much to do here at the house.

It was a privilege to serve in the presidency and a blessing to serve these kids.

Next Sunday will be our last to meet at the stake center. The Wylie building is complete. So I will be attending at the building which is less than a quarter mile from the house. If my street went through, it would be two blocks away, and I could walk to church.

Life is good.

No comments: