About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Time management for the easily distracted.

Last night was a nice balance between company and solitude. Dinner with the empty nesters. Soup was good, notwithstanding the zucchini (yes, I am praising with faint damns).

Dessert was a visual treat, and two of the components were well done (ice cream, cajeta) while the third was woefully *over*done (crepes which resembled nothing so much as artfully folded shoe leather).

I could have used a hacksaw to cut the crepes. Or a steak knife. I'm not kidding. Thankfully I did not break a crown, but the chewing was very slow going. Definitely not worth $6.75.

Came home and wrangled the trash bin out to the curb after gingerly lifting the lid to toss in the bag from Lorelai. Whew! Not looking forward to adding the last bag from inside the house when I go to work this morning. So very very thankful to be a legal secretary and not a sanitation worker.

In the spirit of Family Home Evening, I read my scriptures first. Then recorder practice, where I made a little progress on the high E. I'm hitting it right better than half of the time.

And then I went out to the living room and got out the banjo, figuring that I would run through the practice exercises and call it a night. But those went well enough that I felt a bit brave. So I tried some pinches, and they were far less giggle-producing than the last try. I really got into it!

I was so jazzed after that, that I had to knit half a row in order to calm down enough to get to sleep.

Mirror, mirror on the wall, I am (musical like) my mother after all. Woohoo!

No comments: