About Me

My photo
Eleven years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Retired, and mostly enjoying it. Still knitting. [Zen]tangling.again after a brief hiatus.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Sorry. Fell into a book.

I took "The Chamber" with me to jury duty on Thursday and finished it around midnight last night. Which means that I have neglected my music for three consecutive days. I also barely read my French BOM; ordinarily it does not require four days to finish a chapter.

I had a lot of fun yesterday. Mostly figuring out where the local versions of my favorite stores are in relation to one another. Whole Foods is across Preston from Trader Joe's.

Paper Source caught my eye when I was leaving Trader Joe's last weekend. It is across Park and opened for business on Friday. Fine papers for invitations. Fancy gift bags. Luscious ribbons. Some gifts. Some craft supplies. I'll be back.

Central Market is just around the corner from Fabrique, the fancy fabric shop I took Fourthborn to a couple of years ago, which has moved across the freeway and a little farther west since then.

Most of the things I am interested in can be found along Preston Road, from Willow where I turn for the temple to 121 where I drive for teriyaki salmon and macaroni salad. I didn't spend a lot of money yesterday. But I made great progress on my mental map.

And now I need to read my Sunday School lesson and figure out breakfast. Church is in an hour and a half. I'm nowhere near ready.

No comments: