About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Friday Already?

Another quick post. I went to a friend’s house last night for dinner. To my mind, good simple food in the company of friends is the perfect recipe for happiness. [And my black leather jacket came home with me, like a good girl.]

In the process of trying to turn up the flame in the fireplace, I managed to turn it off. I was so tired that I could not figure out how to get it back on again, or how to manage the butane lighter. [Which it turns out I didn’t need.] So I called Secondborn’s house at 9:30, and 2BDH came over, bringing a freshly-baked cookie and a hug for his weary, slightly addled mother-in-law.

I finished the first Koigu sock yesterday and have the second one on the needles.



This is Wendy’s toe-up, fingering-weight gusset heel sock, and I am very pleased with it, as always.

So, the house is toasty this morning. And I am well-rested, because I forgot to set the alarm last night and slept an additional 45 minutes.

Tonight is our ward’s temple night, and I have my bag packed with skirt and stockings to change into when I leave the office. I’m taking the rest of my personal time this afternoon and leaving at 3:15, heading straight for the temple. I will probably be done and home before the rest of my ward gets there, unless I choose to stay for another session.

I foresee a lot of knitting this weekend, and there is the dance tomorrow night. But first, there is breakfast. Happy Friday, everybody!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

You have fun being holy. We will be heathens watching Twilight!

Tan said...

What a beautiful sock. Hey, Jenni, I wish I were at Twilight! I am too lazy to go to a movie, though.