About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Refrigerator Tetris

A new phrase for my vocabulary, and some good counsel here. And as for cooking creatively? It happens all the time, chez Ravelled. I am [in]famous in the family ~ and at work ~ for putting weird food combinations together and calling it a meal. The girls are so surprised that I have morphed into a good cook. As am I.

Maybe I was just loopy from typing dictation and trying to set up my voicemail [woot!] but I thought this was hilarious!

Short post today. I spent my early morning typing time turning the heel on the Koigu sock. I winged the gusset increases and the heel decreases, and now I have 30 stitches on the instep and 34 in the back. I think I will knit a few inches and see if that creates any pooling or funky striping. I may work a centered double-decrease on each side of the back to bring it down to 30. If there’s one on each side, that makes it a design feature and not an oops, right?

Work went very well yesterday. The attorney for whom I transcribed the pleading on Monday came by my desk and said how pleased he was. I transcribed a deposition report for him yesterday. Oh how I love the freedom to get up from my desk whenever I need to, for whatever reason!

I have eight minutes to figure out lunch and sluice off and head out the door. I suspect my bathwater is cold. But dash it all, turning a heel is important!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

I thought that second article was hilarious also. Just what I needed to start the day with a smile.

fiberjoy said...

Congrats on praise from the attorney.

It seems that turning a heel always demands completion before putting it down, even if the phone is ringing! That's one reason I can't knit and work at the same time - I can't be interrupted mid-row.