About Me

My photo
Four years into widowhood, after one year of incredible happiness and nearly 14 years of single blessedness. Have given up perfect manicures and pretty hands in order to resume playing the soprano recorder and to see if I can figure out how to play bluegrass banjo. Singing in the shower. Still really, *really* love to knit!

Sunday, June 07, 2009

Açai of relief

While I was at Wally World the other night, picking up (1) milk, (2) jeans that are too large, and (3) some of my beloved cherry-pomegranate yogurt, I also picked up (4) a carton of blueberry-açai yogurt. Rather tasty. I like the cherry-pomegranate better, even if it doesn’t inspire bad puns. [At least, it doesn’t inspire me to come up with bad puns.]

I am home from church and have inhaled a cheese stick and a carton of yogurt. I am now ready to make a sandwich and eat it at a pace which permits tasting and savoring.

It wasn’t until I was about five minutes into Twelfth Night that I realized I had never read the play or seen it performed. The photography, costumes, and acting are all superb, and I didn’t have the volume adjusted properly during those first five minutes, so I am going to have to watch it again this afternoon [oh poor me, Shakespeare on two successive days, whatever shall I do?] and catch more of the bits that I missed yesterday. I have watched A Midsummer Night’s Dream so many times that I think I catch everything a non-English-major could reasonably be expected to get. I am looking forward to becoming intimately acquainted with Twelfth Night.

When I left for church this morning, I was halfway through the final pattern repeat on the right collar. I’m thinking less than half an hour’s work will get it to the point where I can unscrew the needle tips and screw on the end protectors. And then I can cast on the sleeves...

I tossed some of the purple tweed yarn leftover from the first socks I made for LittleBit, into my bag for church knitting and ended up not knitting at all. I bought two tubes of mixed beads when I was out running errands yesterday, in case I want to embellish some of the Christmas ornaments. One vial aquas through purples, and the other everything from chartreuse to deep murky greens. Gorgeous, the both of them.

But all I want to do right now, is nap. So I think I will. But maybe I’ll have that sandwich first.

No comments: